Today I’d like to share with you a few tips on finding your place in life. I myself have given it a lot of thought recently, and I want to share with you what I have been learning over the past few years! There is nothing wrong with not knowing what to do or where you belong. However, there is something wrong with not trying to figure it out! We all have so much potential and purpose. We are not meant to remain stagnant. We are meant to grow and develop! If you are looking to do so, try these five things:
1. Talk to God. The surest way I know how to be sure about anything in life is by talking to my Heavenly Father. God will listen when you need someone to hear, comfort when you need someone to care, and direct you when you need someone to. He has only your best interests in mind and knows your desires. So talk to God! Let him be your best friend and your counselor!
2. Try everything! Don’t limit yourself to one path or plan. The possibilities of life are endless! So put yourself out there and try as many different jobs, relationships, and places as you like! You’re allowed to change your mind as many times as you want. The more you try, the better you’ll know yourself and where you truly belong.
3. Listen to your own voice. Other people will always have an opinion about your life and your choices. Don’t listen to them! Ask advice if/when you need it, but ultimately, learn to listen to your own voice and trust yourself to know what you want! What others think about you and the choices you make does not matter.
4. Get out on your own. Life becomes very real when you move away from home or travel/spend time by yourself. So try it at least once! Whether you live with roommates or by yourself, living out and away from your parents will teach you a lot about yourself and a lot about life. The same goes for traveling/time spent alone! Learn to be independent and self sufficient! Have no fear in being in your own company and provider. In either case, there will be hard times, but those are what transform you.
5. Live for happiness. Once you begin to figure out what truly makes you happy in life, learn to say no to what doesn’t. You’re allowed to know what you want and stick to it. Working a job that doesn’t fulfill you, dating someone who doesn’t fit with you, and being somewhere you don’t belong is just a waste of your time. So does trying to live up to the social norms. This is your story. So live to be YOUR happiest!
I promise you that you have a place in this world and in this life. With a little passion and perseverance, you will discover it! …and when you do, the moment will be beautiful! Keep going. Keep exploring. Keep becoming. You are a wonderful creation and God has so many plans for you!